eBench is a leading provider of digital marketing insight for global brands. Our clients include such companies as Unilever, P&G and Mercedes-Benz. This video explains what we do:
At eBench we believe that people are most productive and happy when they are making full use of their talents. We understand that creating a developer-friendly environment isn’t about having pets in the office – it’s giving you the freedom and trust to do your best work.
We are independent and profitable, so free to work steadily and deliberately. We now have the opportunity to recruit another talented engineer into our growing team (http://ebench.com/team).
Our latest applications use Node and Mongo. We also use Scala for data processing, Angular for the front-end, and Docker for deployment. We have Ruby/Rails legacy apps (all but one of which are being replaced by Node).
We are looking for an experienced Node engineer to help develop our core applications.
The role has four components, and the balance on these can change over time depending on your skills and interests:
- Data acquisition. This involves building new scrapers, and is good way of getting started.
- Data processing. Supporting the development of new charts by creating new APIs into our Mongo database.
- Maintenance / Deprecation of legacy Rails app. Ruby experience is not a requirement for this role, but the experience here would be a bonus for occasional jobs on our old app.
- Full stack opportunities. Interest in our other technologies like Angular, Scala and Docker are not requirements, but there is the opportunity to vary your work by contributing to other parts of our stack.
Initially this role is about contributing to our existing applications, and then when you are ready we would expect you to take ownership of one or more of them.
- 4+ years of Node experience
- Enjoys thinking and learning about software design. eBench is far from a conventional CRUD app, so you need a high level of understanding and curiosity
- Enjoys writing quality code, and appreciates an environment where you have the freedom to do it (we live by http://37signals.com/rework/)
Then we are looking for a fit with our values:
- Continuous improvement
- Quality over quantity
- Enjoy the work we do everyday
We’re fully remote so you can be based anywhere in the European or Asian time zones.
How to apply:
Our evaluation is mainly based on the experience of working with you on a paid test project. You can find this at www.guru.com/jobs/scrape-tweets-using-node-and-mongo/1365897. It’s better if you contact us before applying (but if you didn’t don’t worry because your application can be adjusted later).
The other portion of our evaluation is based on reviewing code you have written in the past. Please point us to 2-3 projects or opensource contributions we can look at.
To discuss the opportunity you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (no agencies please).