‘Selfie’ was the Oxford Dictionaries word of the year in 2013.
Today selfie sticks are everywhere, but eBench Insider Brands like Nike, Mercedes-Benz, Sephora, Lush, Starbucks or Jamie Oliver moved away from selfie mode long ago.
In fact, we would argue that the single biggest difference between brands winning on social and the rest is that winners do social media, while the rest do selfie media.
1. Don’t buy views, negotiate for influence
2. You want to be heard? Be relevant.
3. Aim to maximize sharing by portraying connections, celebrations and other… shared experiences
4. Make room for consumer content on your brand assets
5. Create branded hashtags that consumers can effortlessly integrate in their own lifestyle
6. Develop content that fits in consumers’ lives rather than ask of consumers that they fit their lives around your content calendar
The list goes on, and on, and on.
If you’re ready to graduate from selfie media and develop mastery of social media, give us a call.